What is counselling?
Counselling is. . .
- based on listening, not advice-giving.
- an accepting, caring relationship with a trained counsellor
- confidential, within professional limits
- an opportunity for people to explore their thoughts and feelings and gain a better understanding of themselves and their problems
- an invitation for people to change by helping them to find new strength and the freedom to make their own choices.
Who are the counsellors?
- are professionally trained or are in training with accredited training bodies.
- are practising Christians from the Churches in and around Basingstoke
- abide by the Code of Ethics and Practice of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists, the Association of Christian Counsellors and the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy
- work with regular, professional supervision
- will not impose their faith on anyone who comes to them