What is counselling?
- Based on listening, not advice-giving.
- An accepting, caring relationship with a trained counsellor.
- Confidential, within professional limits.
- An opportunity for people to explore their thoughts and feelings and gain a better understanding of themselves and their problems.
- An invitation for people to change by helping them to find new strength and the freedom to make their own choices.
Who are the counsellors?
- Are professionally trained or are in training with accredited training bodies.
- Are practising Christians from the Churches in and around Basingstoke.
- Abide by the Code of Ethics and Practice of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists, the Association of Christian Counsellors and the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy.
- Work with regular, professional supervision.
- Will not impose their faith on anyone who comes to them.